Test I variant
1. Tom … his test. I’ll check it.
A. had just done B. has just done C. just done
2. These friends … a meeting every Sunday.
A. have B. have had C. is having
3. They … a new bridge now.
A. are building B. is being built C. was builded
4. “I’ve met your brother in the bowling two days ago” – “ …? He detests this game!”
A. What is he do there B. What did he do there
C. What did he there
5. Patrick and Florent … poker this moment in the USA.
A. are playing B. play C. played
6. He … his brother since he left the country.
A. didn’t see B. isn’t seeing C. hasn’t seen
7. I … last Friday.
A. arrived B. was arrived C. have arrived
8. The UK … by the Atlantic Ocean, the North Sea and the English Channel.
A. is washed B. was washed C. has been washed
9. Nobody … me yesterday, so I had to do it myself.
A. help B. helped C. will help
10. My little sister… fond of books.
A. is B. will C. should
11. Robert wasn’t at the lecture, … ?
A. isn’t it B. was he C. wasn’t he
12. I … agree with you. You are wrong.
A. can’t B. haven’t C. may not
13. Who those children?
A. are B. is C. was
14. Her husband … a brother Roy.
A. is B. has C. have
15. “Hamlet” … by Shakespeare.
A. wrote B. has written C. was written
16. “… you see anything?” – “No I … see nothing”.
A. Can, can’t B. Can’t, should C. Can, can
17. When … in England?
A. did you arrive B. have you arrived C. you arrived
18. I … a book when my sister … asked me this question.
A. was reading, was asking B. was reading, asked
C. read, asked
19. Jerry hasn’t come yet. He … be ill.
A. need B. should C. might
20. We … by the end of the August.
A. will have moved B. shall move C. moved