….. - I didn't hear you came in.
2. …. a good holiday this year?
A. have you had B. had you had C. have you
3. I’m tired. I ….. to bed.
A. has gone B. was going C. will go
….. home very late last night.
I ….. when the waitress took my plate.
6. Mary…..a chocolate cake. Doesn’t it smell great?
A. had just baked B. has just baked C. just baked
7. Thailand …… located in Asia.
A. is B. be C. was
8. He ….. a lot more now than he did when he was young.
A. weighs B. is weighing C. has weighed
9. Our planet ….. hotter and hotter because of global warming.
A. gets B. is getting C. getting
10. We …..plans for our trip to Spain when you called last night.
A. made B. had made C. were making
11. That black dress …..you perfectly!
A. fits B. is fitting C. fitting
12. My sister always ..… me with the washing up.
A. is helping B. helps C. helped
13. I’m sure Peter ….. be late.
A. is B. willn’t C. won’t
14. …..you manage to do all this work last night?
A. have B. had C. did
15. She …. a good job and earns a lot of money.
A. is having B. has had C. has
16. She …..in her studio since 6 o’clock this morning.
A. has been painting B. is painting C. paints
17. The baby’s skin ….. soft.
A. is feeling B. feel C. feels
18. Where is Ken? – He ….. with his friends.
A. are chatting B. is chatting C. chatting
19. It’s late. I think I … a taxi.
A. will take B. was taking C. is taking
20. He ….. Paris tonight, he has already bought tickets.
A. leaves for B. is leaving for C. left
….. to see her twice, but she wasn't home.
….. breakfast when she walked into the room.
Last month I decided to buy a new car, and yesterday I finally …..
4. Jenny ….. three sisters.
A. has B. haven’t C. doesn’t
5. My parents ….. in the same house for 50 years.
A. have lived B. was living C. live
6. Do you think it … rain?
A. willn’t B. will C. are
7. As soon as he …..the room, he realised what was going on.
A. entered B. has entered C. was entering
8. Where are the kids? They ….. in the garden with the cat.
A. is playing B. are playing C. plays
9. My baby brother …..with his toys at the moment.
A. has played B. plays C. is playing
10. Can you call later, please. Mary … a bath.
A. is having B. has got C. will have
11. Your new outfit ….. fabulous!
A. looks B. is looking C. look
12. …..to Italy?
A. Have you be B. Did you be C. Have you been
13. First, he had dinner, then he ….. a newspaper.
A. had read B. was reading C. read
14. The Smiths ….. in Swiss for fifteen years before they moved back to England.
A. had lived B. were living C. have lived
15. By the time she finished doing her homework, it ….. dark outside.
A. was B. was being C. is
16. Alan is an accountant. Does he ….. in a bank?
A. is working B. works C. work
17. Mary ….. the house by the time it started to rain.
A. had reached B. has reached C. was reaching
18. I ….. be late, I promise!
A. am B. won’t C. willn’t
19. Paul is tired. He ….in the library for hours!
A. is studying B. has been studying C. studied
20. Perhaps they …. A new house this year.
A. are buying B. buy C. will buy