Past Simple or Past Continuous?
1. Choose the correct item.
________ - I didn't hear you come in.
________ to see her twice, but she wasn't home.
What ________? I was watching TV.
Robin Hood was a character who ________ from the rich and gave to
Hey, did you talk to her? Yes, I ________ to her.
________ home very late last night.
How long ________ the flu?
________ a good time in Brazil? Yes, I had a blast!
We ________ breakfast when she walked into the room.
Last month I decided to buy a new car, and today I finally
I ________ when the waitress took my plate.
2. Decide whether the Past Continuous or Past Simple should be used in each gap.
1. Mike ____ (not see) his friend because he ____ (face) the other way.
2. We _____ (go) down the road at 100 kph when the wheel ____ (fall) off.
3. They ____ (watch) TV when the lights ____ (go) off.
4. She ______ (fill) in a questionnaire when the pen _____ (run)out of ink.
5. The winning racing driver ____ (shake) the bottle then _____ (take) the cork out.
6. Uncle Ben _____ (get) dressed ___when he ____ (feel) a sharp pain in his chest.
7. He nearly _____ (have) a heart attack when he ______ (see) the bear.